Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The 28 Day Shred

Yup, I didn't make it to 30.  I was so close!  I'll tell you what happened.  I over did it.  It is really not meant to be done for 30 consecitive days.  I went to do it Sunday, had the dvd all cued up, and I just couldn't.  My shoulders, arms, and back were not going to allow me to do the walking planks, or the mountain climbers, or the walking push-ups, or the plank rows with leg raises.  Let me tell you, it was amazing that I was able to change my shirt.  So it's not that I flaked, if I had I would admit it.  I just couldn't do it.  However I am very proud of myself for sticking with it for 28 days.  That's a really huge deal. 

So Sunday was a rest day, even though I wasn't really resting.  I took the kids to Dinosaur Day over at the Newark Museum.  They had such a blast, really glad we went.  I like doing neat stuff like that with them.  It was sponsered my Field Station Dinosaurs which is opening in just a few weeks in Secaucus!  I can't even begin to tell you how stoked I am to take the kids to that.  For those of you in the area with kids, google or bing that, it's going to be fun times!  And it's educational which is such a bonus.  I love when I can do fun stuff with them AND they get something out of it.

I was right back on with working out yesterday.  I did BB from BBL and have restarted FE.  I had to do C1S last night, but I only used my 3lb weights because I'm still hurting and I really couldn't handle anything heavier.  But I got it done and today need to do BBL's CA and H&T.  I'll make it happen.  I love that this is all lower body so I can give my upper body a break!

In sadder news, my grandad is in the hospital.  He broke his hip and needed to have surgery but since then he has developed pnuemonia, had minor heart failure the other day, and can't swallow.  I'm really hoping things turn around and he makes a full recovery.  I went to go visit him Sunday and my very first thought when I saw him was that that was going to be the last time I saw him alive.   So yeah.  I'm really not good at this kind of stuff, I never know what to do or say.  I'm really upset, he is my last grandparent and while I don't want him to go, I don't want him to suffer either.  So that's it, will update again hopefully tomorrow.

1 comment: