Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rainy Day Blues & Reality Shows

After a gorgeous weekend weather wise, it has been crap here for 2 days now.  Nothing makes me want to snack more that nasty weather.  On top of it, I made one bad decision and one good one at Shop Rite this morning.  Originally I picked up 2 packages (they were on sale 2/$5) of Milano Melts cookies.  I have been DYING to try these!  But then at checkout I thought better of the idea and put them back.  That was my good decision, obvi.  The bad one?  I bought a package of chewy Chips Ahoy! gooey caramel filled cookies.  Luckily I was able to stop myself at 2, but those 2 cookies cost me 4PP, and it wasn't even lunch time!

I got 2 workouts in today.  I did CA from BBL, and I even did SIWW.  Hadn't done that in a long time, thought maybe switching things up would have a positive effect on the scale.  I'll find that out in two more days!  If I start getting bored/hungry I think I may do another workout, maybe WATP?  Or I could take a nap, ha!

The kids and I are staying in again.  We made a sheep from Crayola Model Magic presto dots and now they're watching Tangled and I'm writing this.  Oh, and Joe Gorga is now following me on Twitter!  These last two weeks have been so huge for me as far as social media is concerned! Lol.   Things have really been coming to a head on RHONJ, can't wait to see what happens next week.  Yes, we all know by now what a reality show addict I am.  I said to Kelly today via Twitter that it's really hard to form an opinion of what we see on t.v. because it's really just a snippet of these people's lives and we're not getting the full story. 

In a way, blogs are a lot like reality t.v., only it's up to the blogger what gets put in and what doesn't, where as on a reality show the producer or whoever picks and chooses what to cut and what to keep.  As bloggers, we choose to share a part of out lives with the rest of the world (assuming the world wants to read it, it's out there!).  But a lot of the time you don't get the full story.  There is so much more to me than what I choose to write about for you, my 9 lovely followers, but it's stuff that I just don't want to share.  As far as my weight loss stuff I do tell you guys everything, my successes, my failures, my thoughts about what I'm doing or what I want to do or don't want to do.  I talk about my kids here and there, and I mention my guilty pleasure t.v. viewing.  But that's it. 

I have been fortunate enough (thus far) to not come across any meanies who make snap judgements on me based on a post or two, but I know a lot of you have had that.  Which is kind of my point.  How can anyone judge some one they have never met, based on this tiny little percentage of that person's life they have chosen to share?  When I tweet about RHONJ, I don't get nasty about it.  I don't say horrible things about Teresa because I have never met her, I don't know what's really going on in her head, and I don't see the entire conversations she has.  But I do nicely express my opinion of what I have seen on the show.  And that, my darling followers is what I hope all of us will continue to do (since you're all just so nice anyway) and also that is my hope that you will see the same kind of polite comments, even if the commenter disagrees with you.  So that's my rant du jour, enjoy your Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I AM OBSESSED WITH REALITY TV SHOWS LOL! I love that you blogged about this.

    I'm super excited for NYC coming back and can't wait to meet the new ladies. I miss Beverly Hills of course :) now I'm curious what other shows you watch. As for RHONJ, I'm on the fence and I'm trying not to judge any of them because we don't know the whole story. Some viewers are downright nasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they're bringing in new ladies for NYC, I couldn't really get into it before, but I LOVE Beverly Hills and am starting to get into OC. They're starting a Dallas one I heard, so that should be interesting! I love all reality shows that involve Jersey because I have lived here my whole life & I think it's neat to see places I've been to on t.v. I also like Big Rich Texas, Pauly D Project (I think he is so hot!), Dance Moms, Storage Wars, Tanked and Pawn Stars ;)

      Delete
  2. I have plenty of guilty reality show pleasures - RHONJ is just one of them! LOL. As for Teresa, I agree with you that something else is going on with her. I'm not sure what it is, but I have a feeling we'll find out sooner or later. Or maybe she's just feeling the pressure of her husband doing hard time. I liked her (somewhat) the 1st 2 seasons. The second season, when she chased Danielle around the country club, I started to wonder about her. As for judgmental ppl on blogs - what can I tell you. They are out there, and you know I've had my share. Only recently though - and you know what I'm talking about. Shrug. What can you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand they're out there, and honestly your experiances are part of what made me write this. I know those people are unavoidable but I also think it is just completely unnessesary to be so rude, especially to some one you don't know. *SMH* It just makes me upset to see good people attacked for no reason.

      Delete