Saturday, April 28, 2012

Just Another Day

Today was my son's first t-ball game!  So cute!  The best part was that my dad came all the way here from across the state to see him, which is a huge deal.  My dad doesn't come up here for anything.  But he came today and took us out to lunch afterward.  It really meant a lot to me, and to my Ricky.

After lunch my mom took Ricky to this presentation on reptiles, something just for the two of them to do.  So Amber and I had some girl time.  We went to the park and she wanted to ride her bike.  No big deal, she usually rides around the track and I can walk because no matter where I am on the track, I can see her.  She wanted to ride the path through the woods, again not a big deal.  She's done it twice before and because it's loose gravel she goes really slow.  Not today though, today she was hauling ass!  I had to go to jog to keep up with her.  But that was okay, because you know what?  I CAN jog.  A few months ago, never would have happened.  And it reminded me of the number 1 most important reason I want to lose this weight.  So I can keep up with and be here for my kids.

It was horrible when my kids wanted me to play tag and I couldn't.  Just because I could walk doesn't mean I could run, and they couldn't really understand that.  They used to ask me all the time to play with them and I would have to say no.  Not because I didn't want to play, but because I was physically unable to play.  I know some of you can completely relate to that.  And it sucked.  I hated not being the mother that I wanted to be.  I hated not being the mother that I had once been.  But I am getting back to that now and it feels great.  I was able to go on a 40 minute power walk/jog and not feel like I was going to pass out.  I was able to do that and not have to ask her to stop or slow down.  And that was the greatest feeling.  Oh, and I did 30DS today too =)  28 days down, 2 to go!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa - look at the dedication you have! I couldn't commit to 30 Day Shred like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I've never been able to commit to it like this either. I am so ready for tomorrow (my last day) so I can stop, lol. I really have a love/hate relationship with her stuff. Plus after 30 days of doing any workout it gets pretty boring.

      Delete