Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Absolutely Insane

My little brother came to visit me last night.  He just bought Insanity and immediately upon hearing of his purchase I expressed my interest in wanting to do it as well.  He told me that once he completed the Month 1 dvds I could have them while he did Month 2, and then I would get Month 2 when he is done.  Sweet, one month and I get to do Insanity. 

He started yesterday and when he came to visit he thought to bring the Fit Test just so I could see what I was going to be in for.  I have been working out reguarly for several months now, and while I knew it was going to be challenging, I was fairly confident in my ability to completely annihilate however many reps my brother did since he hasn't worked out in some time.  I could not have been more wrong!

Just so we're all clear on what exactly the Fit Test is, I will give a brief explanation.  You do a warm up and then there are 8 exercises you must perform.  You do each exercise for 60 seconds and see how many reps of them you can do it that time.  Okay, first of all, the moves you do in the warm up?  I do those moves all the time.....as part of my actual workout!  Seriously Shaun T?  You want me to do like a full fledged workout as a WARM UP?  Yes, yes sir, you are insane.  Needless to say I was already breathing pretty heavy at the end of the warm up.  Then we got to the exercises.  I managed to bang out 71 switch kicks, 43 power jacks, and 59 power knees.  About the power knees though, that number is how many I did in 40 seconds, not 60.  I couldn't finish!  I was seriously about to pass out.  The infomerical was not kidding when they said "On day one, you will be humbled...." 

My brother was unable to finish the test as well, although he managed to make it through 5 of the exercises instead of 3.  I have one month to get in some serious shape so I can do this program!  I really can't get over how hard it is.  I mean, I understood it was going to be hard, I've seen the informercial and also they make a BIG promise.  If you want a body like the kind you see on t.v. in 60 days, then you must be doing some really hard work to get it.  But I didn't think it was going to be THAT hard.  It's kind of like when I had kids.  Everyone told me that having a child "changes your life".  Well no sh*t Sherlock, of course it does.  But I didn't realize until AFTER I had them just how much your life changes.

So anyway, that was my Insanity experiance.  Still doing my RI30 challenge, today was day 4.  I must say, I like this much better than 30DS, even though it is a bit longer.  She says it's 20 minutes, but it's really like 30.  Whatever, I like it and I get it done!  Hope you're all having a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I've kinda wanted to see what the insanity is all about, too! A friend I work with said the Fit Test about killed him! I will have to let him know he's not alone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really earns its name, I can tell you that! Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my blog!

      Delete