Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Special Guest & A Little Discouraged

So apparently going to the gym requires a whole different level of fitness than working out at home.  As I have said, I have been working out consistently since November.  I can hang with Jillian, I can take on The Firm, and while I still have "problem areas", I consider myself in decent shape.  Well I would like to thank Gym for proving me wrong.  With 3 days and 2 classes under my belt, I can barely move.  Which really really sucks because I want so badly to go today, but I don't want to hurt myself.  Even more depressing is that the scale is reading 126.  I was just 124.4, where the hell did this 1.6 lbs come from?  I know I went out to eat twice, but I made fairly good choices and only had to use my weeklies for Saturday's excursion.  Last night I stayed within my daily points.  I know I had that mini binge Thursday, but 440 calories does not equal 1.6 lbs.  I'm trying to tell myself the usual "Fluid in the muscles, TOM is due in about 6 days" but it's stil aggravating.  I mean, I'm going to the gym and putting in the hardest workouts I have done in YEARS and I'm GAINING weight??  Arrgg.

In happier news, my best friend from college came to see me yesterday!  I haven't seen him in almost two years, I was so excited he made the 2 hour trek to come hang out!  He's moving to Florida which makes me so sad because I already don't see him that much, and now I feel like I will NEVER see him.  But he needs to do what is going to make him happy, and I wish him all the best.  The kids absolutely LOVED him, not that I'm surprised because is just oh so lovable!  We went to the park and let the kids put their feet in the river while we hung out and caught up.  Then we went to Applebees.  Again I got the 7oz house sirloin with broccoli.  He also ordered the spinach dip appetizer.  I had 3 chips and maybe a tablespoon of the dip.  I ate 3/4 of my steak, all my broccoli, and brought the potatoes home for the pooch.  See?  I didn't do bad at all!  It was such a short visit, he stopped by on his way to go get some stuff out of storage in NYC.  I wish he could hae stayed, but I will take any time I can get with him.  He is truly one of my very best friends AND the only friend I made at Utica that I have stayed in touch with.

Isn't he a doll?
  

1 comment:

  1. You're probably smart to take a day off, let them muscles recover. Aggravation? Now that's a word I understand :)

    Great choices at Applebee's.

    ReplyDelete