Friday, August 10, 2012

Official WI, Stacy, & Finally A Challenge!

122.2 on the WW scale.  Down 2.6 since 7/19 which was my last official WI.  Am I thrilled it's taken me 20 days to lose not even 3 pounds?  No.  I am I happy I didn't gain 3 pounds?  Hell to the yeah!  We all know the less you weigh, the harder it becomes.  And considering these last 2 weeks have been filled with concerts, beer, fast food and that oh so delicious ice cream cake at my brother's birthday party, 2.6 is nothing to sneeze at.  So the logical thing for me to do is come home from WI and have not one, but TWO peanut butter brownie bites.  Hey, it's the end of the week and it's not like the 2 of them put together would equal a full brownie, so it's all good.  I also had two hot dogs and some Doritos for dinner.  Okay, so they were fat free hot dogs and a 100 calorie pack of Doritos, but you would think after my post about abs yesterday I would have made an attempt at a healthy dinner.  Nope, apparently not gonna happen.  And then of course I felt disgusting and bloated afterwards.  BUT I fought the urge to throw it all away and just go into full on binge mode.  And that's the kind of change I am happiest to see, even more than the numbers on the scale.  Because that means that the numbers on the scale or more likely to remain low.  Because I have made an actual change and not a temporary fix.

Anyways, late yesterday morning I got a phone call.  I didn't know the number, so I didn't answer it.  Upon checking my voicemail I learned it was none other than my trainer Stacy!  She just wanted to see how I was doing and say that even though we haven't had another session yet she was happy to see me still using the weights and that I have been doing really well in class.  Also if I had any questions I could always call her.  Thanks Stacy, that really means a lot.  I called her back and said I want to start having regular training sessions starting in September.  Maybe she can help me overcome this whole feeling of "needing" junk foods so I can really commit and get the body of my dreams.

I was watching My Mom's Addicted last night and this one woman was addicted to food.  At 5'2" she weighed 298 lbs and her 12 year old daughter was doing all the household chores while she sat at the computer all day.  The daughter even had to give the mom massages because of all the pain she was in.  Know what her big down fall was?  Yup, ice cream.  Something I can completely relate too.  They went to counseling and the mom ended up hiring a personal trainer.  She did start going to the gym and stuff but completely freaked when told she should get rid of the temptations in the house.  And this woman could like legit not believe they were telling her she should throw out her ice cream.  They weren't going to force her, but they said it would be for the best.  Well finally toward the end of the show she decided she was going to do it and she threw it away on her own free will with a smile on her face. 

So that kind of inspired me.  And I think I have a challenge for myself.  I have to start off small here, but we'll see how I do.  You ready?  Not dessert this weekend.  NONE.  No after lunch brownie, no ice cream, nada.  Just today, tomorrow, and Sunday.  If I can make it to Sunday without the urge to kill some one, I'll extend the challenge.  And no cinnamon sugar pretzels or anything like that either.  The only sugar I can have is in my morning coffee, because well, I need that lol.  Wish me luck!  Lord knows I'll need it, haha.

So that's about where I stand with things right now.  No good classes at the gym, but since yesterday was my "rest" day (I did go for a 45 min walk), I need to do something.  No elliptical/treadmill at the gym it is and some weights probably.  Maybe I'll do spinning if it's not full.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about cutting out sugar. It for sure makes certain cravings go away. The trick is to be consistent, of course. Which I can't really do, which is why I limit added sugar as much as possible and try to get it naturally from foods like fruit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your loss even though it's not as big as you would have hoped for. I find the 120s the hardest to work through and every little bit counts. I need to take a lesson from you and get my butt moving.

    I get super motivated by others on the journey too. Having a sweet tooth is one of my weaknesses too so I make do with moderation and keeping it out of the house.

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I find you so super motivational. I just booked a cruise for this coming March and I'm going to have to channl my "inner Grace" to make sure I hit the fitness center on the boat!

      Delete
  3. Great challenge and best of luck!! With the exception of cake, my cravings for sweets have gone away. They pretty much went away after the first week. It sucks but it's good since the calories are ridiculous. I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow and I might sneak the cake out the back door and not look back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that sounds like something I would do. I love cake too! Good luck and be strong!

      Delete
  4. I know I am behind the times (sorry I was away this weekend!) but I totally gasped when you said no desserts for the weekend! That is an awesome challenge for you and I'm so excited to see how it goes, win, lose or draw. You are so freaking awesome and Stacey is just the best!

    ReplyDelete