Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Blast From The Past

I am happy to report that I did do 2 FE workouts yesterday!  I really feel like I should have done a 3rd, but I flaked.  I did C4C and C4C+S.  Afterwards I did do some additional strength training.  I stayed within my Points and went to bed at 9.  Doing awesome here.  The only thing I didn't do good great on was my water consumption, I think I only got in 5 glasses instead of my usual 9.  Can't be perfect all the time though, right?  Today is cardio kickbox at the gym.  So excited for it, I really and truly love this class.

So here we are a week into August and I still haven't committed to a challenge.  I'm going to do some research and I think I may do DB's idea and go veg once or twice a week.  I would really like to do paleo in theory, but not sure it's for me.  So I'll start off small.

Anyway, I get up this morning and do my usual checking of my Facebook and Twitter, etc and on Facebook I have a friend request.  It's S.  I'm not sure if I have talked about her here before or not, but I'll give you a quick run down.  S and I met sophomore year of college ('03), were good friends, but lost touch when I dropped out to have my son.  That was '05.  Fast forward to '09.  P just got sent to jail and I had 2 kids on my own.  S calls me out of the blue (haven't talked to her in FOUR years) and she's hysterial saying she and L broke up and he's kicked her out, her parents don't talk to her and she has nowhere to go.  Immediately I tell her it's no problem, she can come stay with me for a bit.

She moves in and we pick up right where we left off.  The closest of friends, practically sisters, we're inseperable.  I told her all she had to do to live with me was $400 a month "rent" (which was actually going to be used to make my car payment, remember P's in jail and I'm SAHM, I need money) and to pay for her own food.  Now $400/month rent for a HOUSE in JERSEY, you're really not going to get better than that.  Do you think she even TRIED to look for work?  Nope.  I was putting in applications, I knew the money P had left me to pay bills wasn't going to last the whole 180 days.  I applied at McDonald's, the liquor store, everywhere.  I was honest to God considering working at the go go bar.  Because you know what?  I tried everywhere else first, no one would hire me and dammit I have 2 kids I need to provide for.  And what did S do?  Nothing.  So come end of October (she'd been with me since the beginning of August) I start putting pressure on her to find a job.  At the beginning of November she says she's taking the train to go visit her mom for the weekend.  They had been talking and working on their relationship.  She said she'd be back Monday.  Well she never came back.

That's not the worst of it though.  She writes me this nasty e-mail saying that I'm a controlling bitch, and that I'm this and that yadda yadda yadda.  And I'm like WTF.  I took you into my home, paid for your food, took you where you needed to go, etc.  And this is the thanks I get.  So months go by, P comes home and throws a fit.  So pissed at what she did he took her stuff and chucked it.  Well she hadn't contacted me to come and get it and it had been like 4 or 5 months at this point, so obviously your stuff isn't THAT important now is it?  I'm not a storage facility here, and even if I was, it wouldn't be a free one!  So about 2 months after that she contacts me and tries to start up a friendship again. We had been really close and truth be told, I missed her.  3 weeks after this she starts cursing me out again saying how could I throw out her stuff etc etc.  And I'm like "Bitch, I TOLD you when you moved in that whenever you move out, you have SIX months to get your shit or I'm getting rid of it."  Now it is true that some personal things had gotten tossed and they can't be replaced, but if they were THAT important, don't you think you wouldn't have waited 8 MONTHS to ask for it?  I mean really.

So that was July of 2010.  I haven't heard a peep from her since.  But I still think of her, I still miss all those awesome times we had and I wish things could be different.  So maybe 4 or 5 weeks ago I got to thinking about her again and went and saw if she still had a Facebook.  And I sat there and stared at her page for a few minutes really debating on whether I should send her a message or a friend request or something.  But I didn't.  I just let it go.  So today I see this friend request from her and I accepted.  I really do miss her, but I don't want to go through this again.  We'll see show it goes.  That's it for now.  Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. This "friend" doesn't sound very stable. I've had a lot of friendships in the past that I thought would be forever. I was very heartbroken when I realized it wasn't a two way street for them. I then realized friendships and relationships change over time.

    You are a great person for trying to stay friends though.

    ReplyDelete