Monday, June 18, 2012

Return to Normalcy

It feels good to be back on schedule.  I FINALLY got a decent night's sleep, 7 1/2 hours!  I have been running off of 2 1/2 - 4 hours since last Wednesday.  Yeah, I know no good.  I haven't done any official workouts since Wednesday either.  I have been watching what I have been eating, and doing informal workouts.  That seems to have worked, because I hopped on the scale this morning, and am down 2 lbs since Friday!  Sweet! 

The kids went to their dad's this weekend, as they have been doing most weekends.  As much as I miss them, it is so nice to have some time to myself.  I get to relax, get some housework done, see people I don't normally get to see.  I eat, sleep, and breathe my kids, so I think I am entitled to a break.  Not that I really have a choice, P is their dad and has every right to see them.  I think maybe that's why I don't feel guilty about not having them.  Before he and I split, on the very very rare occasion we would ask our parents to take them overnight so we could go out, I would feel so incredibly guilty handing my children over to some one else so I could do something selfish.  I know that all parents need a break, and need some grown up time, but I would always just feel so terrible about it. 

Anyway, I made good use of my free weekend.  My brother came up and got his first tattoo and I sat with him until it was time for my appointment and I got my second.  And then he surprised me and told me he was paying for mine as a late birthday present!  I have the best brother ever.  I have plans for one more tat, I want it on my ribcage.  Not quite brave enough yet though, I know that was is gonna hurt like a mother!  The one I did get kind of completes the one I already had.  I had some lyrics on my right hip, and I finished them off now on my left.  You can't see them unless I'm in my bathing suit, they're just for me.

Yesterday I went to my dad's for Father's Day.  We went and visited my granfather in the rehab and then went back to the house for a cookout.  My dad, step mom, brother, and I played some Scrabble and just hung out.  It was such a fun day.

The kids and I have a trip to the LOMB today with a group.  We bought the tickets in advance so we culd get the group rate.  The thing that sucks about it though is that we're locked into this date, and I think it's a little cool out (and overcast right now) for it.  *shrugs*  Oh well. 

I had such an amazing weekend.  I am the happiest I have been in a long time, I just can't stop smiling.  I have like this glow and some pep in my step despite the severe lack of sleep.  That's all I got for you guys right now.  Will check back tomorrow! 

2 comments: