Friday, June 22, 2012

Official WI 6/21 & Other Stuff

Down 4.8 lbs!  What?!?!?  Damn, maybe I should take a break from traditional exercise more often!  I have blown past my WW goal, which I changed from 120 to 128.  Mostly because I don't want to keep shelling out the $40/month.  I am almost to me ACTUAL goal of 115.  10.4 more pounds to go!  I can't believe how close I am.

Went for my run yesterday.  I did the same 1.8 miles in .6 mile incriments, and I hope to do it again today.  Next week I want to up the distance I can jog/run at a time just slightly.  Like say .8 miles at a time instead of .6.  I think that maybe by like Monday I should be able to do that as long as I keep going on a consistant basis, right?  And I pick up BBL where I left off, I start week 3 today.  It will be good to get back to it.

So we went to the lake yesterday.  The kids had such a great time.  We left around 2 though because the heat was just so extreme.  I literally felt like I was being cooked, and so did the other mom I went with,  I really sucked because I couldn't go all the way in the water.  That's what I get for getting a tattoo during the summer months I suppose.  I was so happy I was able to rock my tankini.  Even though it was mismatched.  I could only find the bottoms for one pair and the top for the other.  Oh well, I didn't look overly rediculous.  I haven't worn either of those pieces in 3 years!  The bottoms were a little snug, I was about 5lbs lighter when I bought them.  Whatever.

Anyway I was having like the best day ever yesterday.  I was feeling on top of the world.  I have 2 wonderful children, amazing family & friends who love and support me, I have a job, I'm finally no longer even overweight (my BMI is in the normal range!), and then of course I have the reason for my awesome moods lately.  I wish I could just shout it from the roof tops, but I can't, not yet.  Although you guys can probably guess what's been going on. ;)  So things are going just awesome and then I get a phone call.  My grandad (who if you remember broke his hip back in April & has been bounced back & forth between the hospital & rehab center since then) has taken a turn for the worse again.  He was doing so much better, I just saw him Sunday.  He's able to eat solid food again (pureed, but at least he's not eating through a feeding tube!) and he was all smiles and doing his rehab.  Now he has an irregular heartbeat, some wounds that are just not healing, and probably some other stuff that my dad is choosing to withhold from me since apparently the staff has asked my family what they want them to do.  You know, if he stops breathing or something. 

My grandad isn't young, he's 86 years old.  For the last few years I think we have all been prepping ourselves because he's getting up there in age, no one lives forever.  But now that all these things are going so wrong it seems like it's actually real, like he may actually die.  If that make any sense.  I've always known he was going to die, we all are, it's a part of life, but what I guess I'm trying to say is that now it's actually hitting me like "Shit, he really could die" and it seems like much more of a realistic possibility.  My aunt who was supposed to go back to Africa (remember she flew home for 4 weeks because of grandad) canceled her flight and is still here.  She wa supposed to leave Wednesday.  I can't possibly take that as a good sign. So anyway, if you guys could just keep my grandad in your thoughts and prayers I would appreciate it.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment