Monday, June 11, 2012

My Worst Enemy

As we all know, when you're trying to lose weight your best friend can also be your worst enemy.  You know exactly who I'm talking about.  The scale.  When you step up to face it, you wonder are you bffs that day or are you guys in some sort of fight?  And if you're fighting you wonder what it is you did wrong?  What did I do to make Scale so upset with me? 

I have gotten back into the habit of weighing myself at home.  I weigh on Monday mornings to see if I need to increase my workouts and I weigh on Thursday mornings to kind of mentally prep myself for how official weigh in is going to go.  I step on this morning (in what I wear to official WI, always!) and scale and I are fighting.  Up 1.4!  How can this be?  I have been using WP's, but I haven't even used 1/2 of them and I have been working out like a maniac.  Perhaps it's because most f the exercises I have been doing are strength training?  Maybe I need to up my cardio?  I'm due for TOM in about a week, am I bloating already?  A million things are running through my head about what I have done to make Scale so mad.  Maybe because I'm cheating on him with my body?  You know, even though Scale doesn't give you any love, but you see the outline of a 6 pack or (in my case) really badass arm muscles.

I know it shouldn't matter.  And whenever I see a fellow blogger upset over their numbers I give the same kind of comments we all do.  "Maybe it's just water"  "You might be a little bloated" "You're probably burning fat but adding muscle, you'll see a better loss next week" etc etc.  And these comments are made with the best of intentions.  And it's nice to know complete strangers care.  We're all here to support eachother in this journey.  But we as know that these comments don't REALLY make you feel better.  We still mope and get pissed off when we're putting forth all the effort int our relationship with Scale and get nothing in return.  Relationships are supposed to be 50/50 right?  Okay Scale, well I'm upholding my end here, wtf are YOU doing?  Bastard. 

Maybe I would feel better if my body would cooperate a little more.  That's what's even more frustrating.  If you've been following me at all, you would know that I have a mild obsession with my biceps.  I LOVE having completely ripped arms.  But if I'm spending all this time doing ab work, I would like to see SOME change in my midsection.  Nope.  My arms are kick ass, but my middle?  No change.  At least no visible change.  My thighs?  Nada.  I hate being stuck.  I'm not annoyed enough where I want to just throw in the towel.  I LIKE having some wardrobe options here, but it's still frustrating. 

What it actually has me contemplating is quitting my BBL and RI30 challenges and exchanging them for something else.  I don't really want to quit BBL though because I joined that contest and I want to see it through.  And I don't want to quit RI30 because I only have 2 more days left on Level 3 and then I just have to do Level 4 and I'm done.  But I don't think my body can handle throwing in an additional workout.  As it stands I'm already working out between 60 and 90 minutes a day depending on what BBL videos I have to do.  So anyway I really don't know what to do.  If any of you have any advice on how I can kind of bust through this slump I would greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment