Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Buh bye Plus Sizes! (For good)

So major major major NSV today.  I went to get dressed, I put on my size 12 jeans, which have been a little loose lately, but I never thought much of it until I noticed today they are pretty big.  Getting overly excited, I dashed to my closet and started tearing through all my old clothes.  I found jeans in 0, 2, 3, and 6, and my hopes of finding what I wanted started dwindling.  Then suddenly, all the way at the bottom I spied a pair of jeans, I checked the tag and yes!  They were the size I was looking for.  I quickly got ot of my 12's, and started pulling on the other pair silently praying the whole time.  And they fit!  I didn't even have to suck in and lay on the bed, they buttoned and zipped right away!  And do you know what size they are? 9!!!!!  Please pardon me while I do a little jig here.  They are a smidge tight, and I do have a bit of a muffin top, but they are 9's!

In other news, I did really well with my girl's night out on Saturday.  I had 6 beers, and did not indulge in my post drinking eating binge as usual so I stayed with in my points for the day!  Sunday I didn't do a formal workout.  I went into the city to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert with my mom, so I'm counting walking 8 or 9 New York blocks exercise.  AND so proud of myself, we went to Steve's for dinner afterwards and I got grilled chicken and steamed broccoli!  I did steal 1 of my mom's fries (because Steve's fries are aahh-mazing!), but that was it.  That was probably one of the hardest things I have EVER done in regards to eating.  I love Steve's, and because it's an hour away I NEVER get to go there, so for my not to get the burger and fries is huge.

I was so incredibly sore from SIWW that I didn't workout yesterday either.  And the funny thing is that it wasn't even my upper body that was sore, it was my thighs.  They absolutely killed.  Like when I was at the play with my mom, I had to ease myself down to go to the bathroom, that's how bad.  Which is weird, because I was doing SIWW last month and it didn't hurt.  Maybe it's because I'm using my kettlebell now and the added weight has something to do with it?  I might also have gone down lower with my squats.  But I did do it again today.  Feels so good to get a workout in!

And lastly I did my measurements today.  So here they are.  Waist-36, hips-36 1/2, thigh-22.  Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I have some skinny pants in my attic I hope to one day fit in again! :) They're ugly as sin and I don't know why I ever bought them, but I will be doing back flips the day I can get them on. Then I'll probably donate them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! =) Lol, I think we all have clothes like that where you look at it and wonder what it was you were thinking when you bought it!

    ReplyDelete