Monday, February 27, 2012

1st Day on The Firm

Today I did the first workout on The Firm's Thin in 30 program.  The workout absolutely flew by.  And she broke down the moves a little better than the woman on the Pump It Up DVD (which my abs are extremely sore from btw).  Like most workout DVD's now there are beginner mods, I just didn't use them.  I really like it, it's totally doable, and it's 20 minutes.  I'm interested to see what the next workout is like.  I'm really hoping that my doing Weight Watchers will be enough for me to drop the 15 pounds in a month they promise.  I know I'm spupposed to follow their plan, but like I said, their food options are just not my thing.  Even if I only drop 10lbs in the next 30 days, I will feel like it was money well spent.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day.  If I'm feeling up to it I might just do a Walk Away the Pounds DVD.  Just so I don't feel lazy, lol. 

I also need to buy some new weights before next week.  Cycle 2 requires 8-12 pound weights.  I think I will get a pair of 8's and a pair of 10's since Cycle 4 says 5-15 pound weights.  I'm not used to working with anything heavier than 8lbs (that's my kettlebell) but like Jillian says "You gotta push yourself, that's what it's about.  You want results, they're not coming for free."  Is it bad I can pull quotes from her videos?  Yeah, I have done them THAT much.  Oh, and for anyone interested in trying out a vegan lifestyle, check out my friend Kerry over at Vodka is Vegan (there's a link on my sidebar blog list, have no idea how to just add it here!).  She's been at it for 3 weeks and just started her blog.  I think it's interesting.  So that's it, hope you're all enjoying your week.  I will be back Wednesday with a review of C1 Cardio.

2 comments:

  1. I love "The Firm" workouts. They are AMAZING and they work. Man...do they work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, well since it's only been two days I have no visible results, however my abs are still sore from Sunday and my chest is killing me from the chest flys they had me do yesterday!

    ReplyDelete