Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Apples & Bananas

I have known all my life that I'm not a "good eater".  I am very picky, I like what I like, and it is mostly crap.  Carbs and sweets with some burgers thrown in there.  I do like some veggies.  I have always liked broccoli, peas, carrots, lettuce, green beans, and raw spinach.  I am not counting corn and potatoes, too starchy, but I do love those too.  So I don't like many vegetables, but I've got some good ones in there.  Fruit is a whole nother story.

I hate fruit, even bananas.  I have never liked it and I don't have high hopes for that changing.  But today I thought maybe I could give it the old college try.  I bought some apples while at the store today, figuring I could put some peanut butter on them and it would be all good.  So I get home, cut the apple into wedges, measure out 1/2 tbsp of natural peanut butter, and proceed to smear it on.  I wanted to gag.  It was so gross.  I was determined though and managed to choke down about 2/3 of the apple.  I don't know why I thought it was so disgusting, it was just an apple.  I like apple juice, I like apple sauce, so clearly I like the flavor of apples.  This was just nasty though.  *sigh*  I will try again tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it being more successful.

In other news, I worked out today.  Even though this was supposed to be a "rest" day according to The Firm Express workout calender, I just wanted to do something.  So I did the bonus dvd again, both workouts.  I think you can only get away with doing the 3 20 minutes workouts a week if you follow their meal plan, which as I previously stated I am not interested in.  And OMG is my chest sore from that workout yesterday, wow!  I am really enjoying these, I can't wait to see what my workout tomorrow is like!

No comments:

Post a Comment