Monday, September 3, 2012

Step in the Right Direction

This may sound kind of silly to you guys, but for me this is really really huge.  Okay, so by now we all know what a complete and total carboholic I am, right?  Right.  Bread and all things even remotely related to bread might even be a bigger weakness for me than sweets.  So last night we have dinner at my mom's.  And guess what she made?  Biscuits.  Holy crap do I love biscuits.  I still had some weeklies left so the entire dinner I sat there debating on whether or not I should have a biscuit.  Going over my Points isn't a problem for me anymore, I can do it, track it, and be okay. 

The problem is that never in my entire life have I been able to eat just ONE biscuit.  Even when I go to KFC or swing by McDonald's for breakfast I always get two biscuits for myself.  That's why I agonized over this so much.  It's much easier for me to just not have any than to stop at one.  But I decided I was going to go for it.  I had a biscuit.  And I sat there with the basket of biscuits next to me and watch my step dad take another and my mom take one, the kids each had one, and at the end (after I had had mine) there was one biscuit left.  And I had that little voice in my head telling me to screw it, just go for it, no sense in saving one, right?  But I didn't.  I didn't touch it.  I only had ONE biscuit.  Oh it was tempting to go for number two, but I refrained.  So that's my cool story of the day, lol.

I AM going to jump back on the workout wagon today, actually as soon as I'm done with this.  Then it's off to the grocery store and then hitting the office for a few hours.  Happy Labor Day!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! Congrats! You are doing such a great job :)

    ReplyDelete