Saturday, September 8, 2012

Losing My Key

So tonight after dinner while I was getting my ice cream, it dawned on me that I have started a new trend, and it's not one that I want to continue.  I have been giving myself just a teeny tiny little bit more ice cream.  Now I do weigh and measure EVERYTHING.  I have a 1/2 cup scoop that I use to measure my ice cream and my milk for my cereal in the morning, etc.  While I have not exactly been giving myself heaping 1/2 cups, I have absolutely been jamming it in there.  This whole last week actually.  Now I did show a loss on the scale, but I fear that if I continue to do this that it's going to get out of hand at some point, and I WILL be up to heaping cups full.

Also, I haven't exactly been measuing my chocolate sauce that's been going on m ice cream.  I don't dump it on, but I'm wondering just how much I'm putting on there.  This is a slippery slope people.  Sure, it's just an extra lick of ice cream and a few extra drops of syrup NOW, but eventually it could become a lot more.  Plus, doing it every night of the week adds up.  And it's funny because I feel like if I don't jam as much ice cream into th measuring cup without it spilling over as I can, that I'm cheating myself.  But what I'm realy doing is cheating myself by shoving so much in there, right?  I need to stop this now before it's too late.  I need to keep track of my key (to success) before it's lost.

On a positive note, it's Saturday and I have only used 14 weeklies so far!  Usualy by this time I have blown through all of them and have even used AP's that I haven't even earned yet for the week!  Success!  And yes, I'm counting the little extra I had tonight.  Also, I did SIWW today.  The gym is just not going to be happening on Saturdays for at least the next two months.  My son has soccer now from 10-11, and then I spend the rest of the day at work.  Tomorrow I'm going to be missing the gym too.  My dad wants us to come down for lunch, and I do need to get some more work done in the office.  My plan is to be at work from 7:00-11:30, that will put me at my dad's by 12:30, I'm going to leave there by 3, will be back in town by 4 and then it's over to my mom's for dinner.  Phew.  Monday though, Monday I will be at the gym.  Step class, 9 AM, no matter what.  I may be like 5 minutes late since I have to drop A at preschool first, but I will be there.  Really glad I worked out today since I really don't think it's going to happen tomorrow.  Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are having a great weekend! I find myself indulging a bit more recently too but I'm going to exhibit more restraint in the coming weeks :)

    ReplyDelete