Thursday, September 6, 2012

Battlefield & Official WI

My heart goes out to my little man, it really does.  Not sure if I have talked about this here before or not, but R has a fine motor delay.  It's not so bad where they held him back, but he has gone to OT and the school wants him to do OT there during the day as well.  R is very smart.  His math, reading, and comprehension skills are spot on for his age.  It's writing and coloring that's the issue.  Plus he is just such a perfectionist that he gets completely frustrated if he does something and it doesn't quite look the way it's supposed to.  And so he gives up.

Homework tonight was such a battle.  All it was was a connect the dots worksheet that he had to color afterwards and write his name on.  Oh. My. Gosh.  The battle that ensued over this worksheet.  It started out fine.  He was just going to do it and then he could watch some t.v.  Well once he had a hard time writing his name, it was all downhill from there.  And I don't know what to do for him.  I have seen him when he just sits down and stays focused he does really well.  That obviously wasn't the case today. And I told him he didn't have to do it right away.  He was just at school all day.  He could have played for a half hour or so but he said he just wanted to do it so he could play uninterrupted later.  Makes sense to me, told you he's a smart kid!  So if any of you wonderful readers have kids or have experience with kids and have any suggestions that would be great.  Obviously if he continues to struggle so much I'll have to start speaking with the teacher, but from what I can see (at least right now) it's more of a frustration problem than a motor skills problem.

Anyway, I finally went to WI, and..................118.4!!  I am THREE pounds away from my official goal.  THREE.  Soooo excited!  So that's it for today, will check back tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know any tips to help out R but I will keep and ear out. I have a few friends with kids that have similar things. HOLY CRAP 118! Did you jump out of your skin when you saw that number?! I did. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for your little boy - poor guy, sounds like he is really smart. He's got a lot going on inside that head of his. Hopefully someone (at school, etc.) will be able to understand and channel the gem that he is :)

    ReplyDelete