Tuesday, October 9, 2012

This Isn't Working

First of all, thank you to those who commented yesterday.  Grace I really like that idea from the book.  I will absolutely remember that.  Kelly yup, I just have to move on, what's done is done. 

Last night it happened again though.  Old habits die hard.  I had 4 pretzel bites at the movies with the kids.  Four.  I came home, found it on myfitnesspal, and discovered it was only 123 calories.  And I let that measley 123 calories ruin my day.  I did really good until after dinner.  Down hill from there.  Still nowhere near as bad as in the past, but this is 3 days this week now.  But I think I know what the problem is and I believe I have a solution.

The problem is that I'm taking this whole eating smaller meals thing to the extreme.  ALL of my meals are UNDER 200 calories.  All of them.  Then I end up snacking because I am hungry (duh).  So what I am doing now is making breakfast 200 calories, my morning snack 100, lunch 250, afternoon snack 150, dinner 300 and then I have 200 calories left for dessert and one more snack if I want.  That gives me a grand total of 1200 for the day until I lose what I just gained back.  Oh, and in case you were wondering, I've been following the myfitnesspal plan, and not WW.  I DO still count the weekly points though for when I'm going out or I feel like treating myself.  Until recently that seemed to be working.

As for exercising, I have a plan for that too.  Starting today.  Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday I will be following the FE plan, and Monday,Wednesday, and Friday I will be hitting the gym.  I know this is a similar exercise routine to what I had said last week, but I didn't have anything concrete for when I was working out at home.  I believe I said I would do whatever DVD I felt like.  Well obviously that hasn't really worked out.  I think I need a more specific plan in place in order for me to really follow it.  So that's my plan, and I am still under 120 so I have caught myself before it started getting really out of control.  I am going to go and do my workout now before I have to get the kids off to school and my butt to work.  Will check in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment