Friday, October 19, 2012

New Week New Start & Making Decisions

I did really well this week during the week.  Last night though, I decided to take the kids to Friendly's.  Normally we get dinner out on Fridays, but today is the start of my new WW week and I didn't want to be thrown off like last week.  I got what I wanted, but left the fries (go me!).  Despite having such a crap weekend, I am proud of myself for not throwing in the towel for the whole week, which is something I normally would have done.  I would have said "Screw this, this week is shot, I'll just restart Friday."  Well I AM restarting today, but I didn't go apeshit all week long.  Monday through lunch time yesterday I was completely and totally OP.  Still doing better than I would have done, so again I guess I can pat myself on the back for that.

My only "concern" for this weekend is that my mom had been given tickets for breakfast at Applebees tomorrow.  I have NO idea what kind of Points values/calories are going to be involved.  I figure I'll just stick to the pancakes and skip the eggs and sausage and just count it like I would Ihop.

Grace, thank you for your words of encouragement on my last post.  I did read your blog this week, but every time I tried to comment, my computer would freeze.  You're a major inspirtation to me, and I wanted to say that on your blog, but for some reason the laptop was not cooperating!

DB, I also want to thank you for your comments.  They do mean a lot to me, and you continue to inspire me as well.  Might I add, you are looking fabulous!  You go girl ;)

I woke up at 3:30 this morning, don't ask me why.  Anyway, I made the decision that I am going to take the kids to Disney next year.  Yup, that's what I do at 3AM, I make major financial decisions.  I'm going to start saving now and I am going to use my tax return and we are going.  They have yet to go on a "real" vacation, and this past year has been tough and brought on a lot of changes so I figure we could all use some time away.  I already started looking at it this morning and it is totally doable, even on a budget.  I must be either really brave or really insane taking a 7 year old and a 5 year old to Disney by myself, but whatever.  YOLO, right?  I really hate that, but it's true.  Unless you believe in reincarnation.  In any case, we're gonna carpe diem all over Orlando.  And I'm going to try very very hard not to say anything to the kids.  At all.  I want to just wake them up the day that we're leaving, put them in the car and go.  But I suck at surprises.  So that's that.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment