Tuesday, November 6, 2012

In The Zone

First I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to those who lost so much during Sandy.  What a terrible terrible storm.  I cannot even imagine what some people are going through.  We were very very lucky.  I was without power for 46 hours.  My neighbor, 3 houses up and across the street from me is still without.  I put the offer out for her and her family to come here and get warm and get a hot meal, but they are staying with her parents.  At least they're safe. 

So needless to say, I didn't exactly restart when I said I was going to restart.  Since the last time I blogged (2 weeks ago!) I have been doing less than stellar.  I would restart and restart and restart only to give in to every temptation that same day.  I would blow through all my weeklies on the very first day!  But I wouldn't let that stop me from ice cream, and cookies, etc etc.  Well I think I am finally back. I restarted Friday, which is the start of my WW week.  I have been using my weeklies, but here it is Tuesday and I still have 12 left!  So Friday morning I weighed in at 128.2,eek!  Saturday I was 129.2, but I didn't let that stop me.  As of yesterday I am 124.8, so that is much better and probably more accurate.  Most of the bloat and all the garbage sittng in my stomach is probably gone by now.  I will go back to official WI's on Thursdays.  I haven't exercised yet, but I am so happy I got the eating down pat.  Just like when I first started I needed to get my eating on point and then I threw in the exercise.  I will be fully back in no time.

And NSV here.  Trick or treat was last night, and when we got home, I did NOT raid the kids' candy!  This is a Halloween first here folks.  And for the record, I never take all their candy, I don't even take 1/4.  I just take a few pieces.  I have a few good justifications for it.  One is that I am the posion checker.  I take the candy that looks most questionable.  You know like Twix and Milky Way......those are always suspicious looking.  My other thing I say is that it's my payment for being so awesome and getting their costumes and driving them to the place we go trick or treating and standing out there in the freezing cold (couldn't feel my hands after 10 minutes last night!).  I think I deserve a little candy for that ;)   Oh come on parents, you know you do it too!

So that's it.  We're getting back to normal around here.  I hope you are all doing well!

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear from you! I am so glad that you and your family are safe and warm and that you're still in the game! I've missed reading but love the sporadic check ins =)

    ReplyDelete