Monday, October 3, 2011

Fighting the Good Fight

Doing pretty well today.  I did about 25 minutes of Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones today.  I want to do that on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  I figure I can handle some weight training 3 days a week.  I still have to do my cardio, I WILL fit it in today!  Eating pretty well, everything else is going okay.  I'm starting to get antsy, I really really really want to weigh myself, but I'm going to fight the urge to do so until Thursday.  I would love to have lost 4-5lbs this week, but I have to try to keep in mind that I can't pull a big number every week, and no matter how small the loss it is still a loss and not a GAIN.  Even if I stay the same, I still didn't gain weight.

Staying the same, however, is very frustrating.  It has happened a few times in the past, and as I previously mentioned it happened last year for a few months straight.  Like you work and you work, you watch what you eat, you start busting your ass in your workouts hoping to get the scale to budge and it doesn't.  So then you start wondering why in the hell you're putting in all this effort.  The reason is that you don't want to go back to the way you were, but some how at that point you lose sight of that and fall off the wagon.  I can't do it again, not this time. 

So here I am in the meantime, not eating what I want, but eating what I should, and counting the days until Thursday and hoping that I manage at least a 3lb loss so I don't get too discouraged.  I can't get like that this early on, because if I do this won't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment